US Rep. Dana Rohrabacher: Let’s Arm ISIS Against Iran!
Days after Trump issued a characteristically undiplomatic statement on last week’s s terrorist attack in Iran by ISIS which killed 17 people and which the US president accused Tehran of basically provoking by stating that “states that sponsor terrorism risk falling victim to the evil they promote”, which prompted Iran to slam the “repugnant WH statement… as Iranians counter terror backed by US clients…. Iranian people reject such US claims of friendship”, on Sunday senior Iranian officials responded by accusing the US of supporting the Islamic State and effectively forming an alliance with it, claiming that Tehran possesses documents to prove the allegations.
Tbe deputy Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Major General Mostafa Izadi, said that Iran is “facing a proxy warfare in the region as a new trick by the arrogant powers against the Islamic Republic,” according to Fars News Agency.
“As the Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution (Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei) said, we possess documents and information showing the direct supports by the US imperialism for this highly disgusting stream (the ISIL) in the region which has destroyed the Islamic countries and created a wave of massacres and clashes,” he added.
So far, however, Iran has yet to present any evidence.
Izadi’s statement echoed remarks made by Iran’s Parliamentary Speaker Ali Larijani on Friday, who condemned the Wednesday terrorist attacks in Tehran, and said that Washington is behind most of the terrorist acts in the world.
“The United States has aligned itself with the ISIL in the region,” Larijani said on Friday, addressing a funeral ceremony held for the victims of ISIL’s Wednesday terrorist attacks on the Iranian parliament and the holy shrine of late Imam Khomeini in Tehran. Larijani’s was addressing a funeral ceremony of the victims of Wednesday terrorist attacks in Tehran. Larjani added that “The terrorist attacks indicated that the terrorist groups had failed to achieve their main goal and targeted the parliament and Imam Khomeini Mausoleum, finally resorted to martyring the innocent people and the staff at the parliament.”
Thousands of Iranians had gathered to commemorate the dead, shouting “Death to Saudi Arabia” and “Death to America.”
Also on Friday Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei – whose clerical protege recently lost the Iranian presidential elections – said the attacks would only increase Tehran’s hatred against the US and its “stooges,” including Saudi Arabia. He is not wrong.
Russia warns US against targeting Syrian forces
Russia has warned that Washington’s targeting of pro-Damascus forces in Syria is unacceptable. Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has called on the US to take concrete steps to prevent such strikes in the future. Lavrov made the remarks in a phone conversation with US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. According to a statement by the Russian Foreign Ministry, Lavrov and Tillerson also agreed to step up cooperation to end the Syrian conflict. The so-called US-led coalition against Daesh has targeted pro-Damascus forces on at least three different occasions. On Thursday, the US-led forces carried out strikes against the Syrian army in the south of the country and downed a pro-government drone later that day.Guest Scott Bennett
Syrian Arab Army Successfully Advances and Reaches the Iraqi Border
by Sophie Mangal, for The International Reporter:
According to the military correspondents of Inside Syria Media Center, Some progress have been made in certain sectors of the front. As of June 11, the Government troops liberated the strategically important settlement to the south of Palmyra. Servicemen of the 5th Army Corps liberated more than 2 km of the road near the strategic desert city of Arak (also spelled Urak or Araq, it is a village in eastern Syria, administratively part of the Homs Governorate situated on an oasis in the Syrian Desert along the road to Palmyra). A control is established over a number of heights that ensure the safety of the Arak Gas Fields to the west of the city. At the moment, SAA is about 4 km from Arak.
At the same time, the terrorists are trying to transfer reinforcements, including those from the north-east, from the area of Raqqa, in order to halt the advance of the Syrian Arab army. To be recalled it that the corridors at work in this area. The opportunity to transfer reserves and reinforcements provided by the Western coalition and its Kurdish partners to ISIS terrorists significantly challenge operating environment in the east of Syria.
To destroy the militants the aviation of allies is actively used by the official Damascus. On June 5, for example, about 20 militants including Abu Al-Bakr Al-Karjatain, IS field commander, were killed near a mount to the east of Palmyra.
In addition, on June 9, a convoy of militants, including several armored vehicles, was destroyed using Syrian AF near Al-Suqqari village to the south of Palmyra. ISIS forces were forced to retreat from this region.
In the coming weeks Government army plans to organize a large-scale offensive in the province of Deir ez-Zor. To achieve this goal, the command of the Armed Forces has already moved up the reserves and achieved a twofold superiority in manpower and materiel. It is planned to use actively the aviation and the artillery.
Meanwhile, the General Command of the Army and the Armed Forces sais, the liberation of vast territories in Badiyat ash-Sham (Syrian Desert) from ISIS, as well as the arrival of the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) and its allies at the Syrian-Iraqi border will become a strategic turning point in the fight against terrorism. The success proves the effectiveness of SAA in countering the global terrorist threat to international peace and security.
In addition, the General Command reaffirm our position that attacks of the US-led international coalition on the positions of the Syrian army and its allies are unacceptable as such actions hamper progress in fighting terrorism.
Follow the latest developments by reading Inside Syria Media Center.
Trump accuses Doha of funding terrorism
The US president has openly accused Qatar of funding of terrorism at a very high level. Donald Trump warned Doha of the consequences of continuing its extremist ideology. Trump said no civilized nation can allow this wicked ideology to spread on its shores. He said that he decided along with US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, that it was time to call on Qatar to end what he said support of terrorist groups. His comments come hours after Tillerson praised Qatar for taking steps in easing regional tensions with the Arab states.- Mike Harris.
The Debate – Fragile Coalition
It seems the message of brotherhood and glad tidings during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan has overlooked Saudi Arabia. Riyadh has cut ties with Doha and is kicking out Qataris from the kingdom. Riyadh has blocked its Persian Gulf cousins by land, sea and air. And to top it off, the Saudis, along with Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates, have sanctioned Qatar. All this because the Saudis blame the Qataris for supporting terrorists, something Doha denies. Guests: Michael Springmann Former U.S. Diplomat in Saudi Arabia and Michael Lane Founder, American Institute for Foreign Policy